CPS Energy’s offices, customer service centers and call center will be closed Monday, January 17 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. During the closures, customers can report natural gas or electric emergencies by calling 210-353-HELP (4357) or 1-800-870-1006 24/7. Read More.

All Walk-in Customer Service Centers have modified their hours of operation to Monday through Friday, 10:30AM to 5:00PM. This change will remain in effect until further notice. We encourage the use of a face-covering at any CPS Energy facility. If you have tested positive, or a family member has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please use our online tools or call 210-353-2222 for assistance. Please do not visit our customer service center if you have COVID-19 symptoms.

Service Disconnections for non-payment resumed in 2021. If you are experiencing financial hardship, we urge you to contact us for help. Call us at 210-353-2222 or online at cpsenergy.com/assistance. Stay up to date by following us on Facebook Twitter. More info: Newsroom Events.

Safety Around My Home

 

Safety

Safety Tips

  • /content/corporate/en/about-us/energy-safety/look-up-and-live
  • /content/corporate/en/about-us/energy-safety/carbon-monoxide-poisoning
  • /content/corporate/en/about-us/energy-safety/call-before-you-dig
  • /content/corporate/en/about-us/energy-safety/gas-pilot-lighting
  • /content/corporate/en/about-us/energy-safety/natural-gas-safety-faq
  • /content/corporate/en/about-us/energy-safety/outdoor-safety

Be safe around electricity and natural gas

Electricity and natural gas are as safe as they are convenient. But it’s important to use caution around energy sources. Consider these simple tips:

  • Avoid power lines, while digging or doing yard work. Call 811 before you dig
  • Avoid all downed power lines and report them immediately. 
  • Take immediate action if you smell gas or your pilot light won’t come on. Get out first and then CPS Energy at (210) 353-4357 (HELP)
  • Install a carbon monoxide detector near areas where your family sleeps. If you suspect carbon monoxide is in your home, open windows for ventilation and shut off your furnace and other fuel-burning appliances. Call CPS Energy at (210) 353-4357 (HELP).
  • Protect children by installing safety covers over unused electrical outlets. Always use the recommended bulb wattage. Keep cords in good working condition.